Attempting a Carrie Bradshaw moment with my prom dress that I have been meaning to donate for years.
After procrastinating for the past few weeks, I finally mustered up the courage to declutter my closet. I have done this many times in the past and each time I am horrified at the sheer amount of clothes and things that I accumulate. This time was no different.
Here are some of my post-decluttering thoughts/things I need to remind myself followed by some of my recent favorite outfits.
1. If I haven’t worn it, trust that there’s a reason why.
Some reasons include: I can’t wear a bra with it, I can’t eat in it, it’s uncomfortable, and etc…
2. I have a cat. Buy/wear dark clothes at my own risk.
3. Clothes with good memories. You never know when you want to show someone the exact outfit you were wearing when (insert happy memory here)…right? Refer to thought # 1. If it doesn’t fit, doesn’t look good, or you can’t find a reason to want to wear it again…give it a better home.
4. Clothes with bad memories. Good bye.
5. My style has changed. I have kept clothes from high school (refer to photo up top where I am wearing my prom dress) and college that I now look at and wonder how and why…Now, I like to keep things as simple as possible. And if there is something “extra” that I am adding to an outfit, I like to let that piece take center stage while everything else is kept simple.
And now, my favorite outfits from the past few weeks.
Hope this inspired you to do a little spring cleaning!
Thanks for stopping by!
This post contains affiliate links. This is not an ad. All opinions are my own.